With a 20 year history, the PAC is where Utah's professional actors hone their skills.
5 Week Workshop . SATURDAYS 10:00 a.m. to NOON
NEXT SESSION TO BE ANNOUNCED
VOICE OVER $500.00
It isn't about the sound of your voice. It's theatre of the mind.
Learn to add consistency and versatility to your talent.
- You will learn to interpret cold copy, make on-the-spot choices and create dynamic performances that paint mental pictures for the listener.
- You will learn to apply these skills to commercial copy as well as animation, industrial, narration, and promo scripts.
- You will also learn to create and catalogue character voices to increase your versatility, making you a marketable talent in a very competetive part of the industry.
5 Weekly 90-minute sessions
WEEKDAYS when available
Same Voice Over Workshop
but more mic time.
As a VO actor, it is your job to ‘bring something to the party’ and collaborate with directors, writers, engineers and other actors.
The more experience you have with the techniques I teach, combined with the right attitude, the better your chances of success. (i.e. getting and KEEPING the gig.)
Work one-on-one with renowned voice acting coach Christopher Robin Miller and you'll see why he is listed in WORD OF MOUTH as a trusted resource for professional training and demos in the intermountain west.
8 Week Workshop . NEXT DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED
MONDAYS 7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. SCENE STUDY +
This is what scene study is supposed to be.
You won't just be directed to a polished performance. This is drilling.
- WORK on the ACTOR: Learn to recognize and create moment-to-moment awareness and authenticity as well as strengthen the weaker aspects of your technique. We also perform cold-read auditions and improvisation exercises.
This is to certify an agreement between all students and Christopher R. Miller.
Mr. Miller agrees to provide instruction and guidance for the development of professional actors. The student agrees to the following terms:
- Payment of tuition implies agreement to all terms set forth by Mr. Miller. Tuition will be paid on the first class of the month & is non-refundable.
- Students are to be on time. Students will be in their seats ready to proceed with all required materials.* NO EXCUSES.
- Students must be positive and supportive of each other and the instructor. This is a safe space for everyone. Please refrain from directing or critiquing except when the instructor opens the floor for students to do so.
- Students must take the initiative and immediately contact the Instructor when absent from class and have another student fill their time slot. PRIVATE STUDENTS MUST RE-SCHEDULE within a reasonable time period at the instructors discretion. Any student’s time missed from class is not prorated. However, if the instructor cancels class, the tuition paid will be applied to the following month.
- Students will bring their class manual, (THE WORK – An Actor’s Guide* for SCENE STUDY and ENTER THE BOOTH for VOICE OVER) with them everyday to class.
Whether you intend to pursue it in the future or not, in this class, you are a professional.